- For a summary of Śrīla Prabhupāda's discussion of animal sacrifice, please see the section "Animal sacrifice" in the article "Animal-Killing in Human Society."
- For references to material in Vaniquotes and Vanisource, please see "References and Further Reading" below.
Related articles (Vanipedia)
References and Further Reading
Vaniquotes categories are general topic areas for research and study based on key words (or phrases) and themes.
Vaniquotes pages are compilations or selected single quotes. They are collected under the Vaniquotes categories, and their content is indicated by title. The following list is not exhaustive; additional pages may be found by browsing any of the Vaniquotes categories listed above.
- Animal sacrifice in the name of religion is current practically all over the world in every established religion
- Animal sacrifice under the name of religion is conducted by the influence of tamo guna (the mode of ignorance)
- Formerly, the brāhmanas well conversant in the Vedic mantras could show the potency of the mantras, but in this age…
- Animal sacrifice is offered before the goddess Kālī. So such kind of worship is mentioned in the tāmasika Purāṇa
- There are many systems of religion in which animal sacrifices are recommended. Such animal sacrifices are inauspicious both for the performer and for the animal
- In the Vedic civilization, meat-eaters are advised to kill an animal for the goddess Kālī or a similar demigod...
- Permission to eat meat after a sacrifice in the presence of the goddess Kālī is not the order of the Supreme Personality of Godhead…
- A Vaiṣṇava ācārya like Nārada Muni knows very well that persons engaged in such animal-killing in the name of religion...
- Key texts and purports